The Thomas Elliot Organ
Eleven applications have been made to various grant bodies.
- Council for the Care of Churches - Offered a grant of £5,000.
- The Pilling Trust Fund - Rejected.
- The Diapason Trust - No response.
- Arts Council England - Rejected, suggested trying Heritage Lottery Fund.
- National Heritage - Offered a grant of up to 90% of the total project cost.
- The Leche Trust - Rejected.
- The Pilgrim Trust - Rejected, suggested trying Coucil for the Care of Churches.
- St.John's College, Oxford - Offered a grant of £1,000.
- The ON Organ Fund - Offered a grant of £1,500.
- The Ousely Trust - Rejected.
Heritage Lottery Fund Award
In June 2007 we were contacted by Jeremy Fenn of the Heritage Lottery Fund to inform us that our application for funding had been successful, and that we had been awarded an amount of £184,000 towards a total project cost of £210,849.
Applying for supplementary help with funding
Although we have been very favoured to have been awarded a Heritage Lottery Fund award, unfortunately we have not been so lucky with any of our other applications. This did leave us with a shortfall of about £26,000 which we urgently needed to make up. We continued to make some further fresh applications for supplementary awards in order to make up the shortfall.
Further concerts have been and will be arranged to help with fundraising. Although the shortfall has been significantly reduced, we are not there yet. Any further donations for the remainder will be very welcome. Please make cheques payable to St.Margaret's Organ Restoration Managing Committee and send to The Treasurer, St.Margaret's Church PCC, Crick, Northamptonshire or send an email to email@example.com.